HOW TO APPLY?
Applying for a Volunteer Grant is a two-stage process:
1.Submission of “Expression of Interest” (EOI) form to the Member for Petrie.
2.Submission of “formal” application to Department of Social Services (the Department) via the Community Grants Hub.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
1.Complete an Expression of Interest form and email back firstname.lastname@example.org
EOI’S must have been received by the electorate office by 5pm Sunday 10th September 2023. EOI’s received after this date will unfortunately NOT be considered.
2. Expressions of Interest will be assessed by the Petrie Volunteer Grants Committee (the Committee) early October 2023. The Committee is made up of a broad range of community members who assess EOI applications impartially.
3. Successful and unsuccessful Expressions of Interest applications will be notified to each organisation between late October 2023. (Note total grant funding for distribution in each electorate totals $66,225 but there is no limit in the number of grants for allocation).
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest by the Committee does not guarantee approval of your formal grant application. Your formal grant application will be assessed by the Department of Social Services.
4. Prior to 15th November 2023 you will be notified by our office if your EOI has been progressed to stage 2. The Department will then send invitations to successful EOI/nominated organisations to submit their “formal” applications for the 2023-24 Volunteer Grant Round.
5. “Formal” applications close 5th December 2023.
Formal Grant Applications can only be made via the link in the invitation the Department sends direct to your organisation. Please ensure the email you provide in the EOI stage 1 is an email that is regularly monitored.
6. 6th December 2023-April 2024 the Department will assess the “formal” grant applications.
7. May 2024 our office will advise the successful applicants.
8. June 2024 Grant agreements and money paid by Department.