Have your work hours or income been affected by this week’s lockdown? The Morrison Government has made sure financial support is available. The Federal Government’s COVID-19 Disaster Payments will be available and at the new rate.
- $750 a week for those who have lost more than 20 hours work
- $450 a week for those who have lost 8-20 hours of work
- $200 a week top up payment for those on income support who have lost more than 8 hours work.
This applies from day 1 of the lockdown and applications can be made from this Saturday, 7 August at my.gov.au
Who can get it?
You must meet all eligibility rules to get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment – Queensland. You can get it even if you were eligible on only one day during the payment period. If you’re a member of a couple, you can both claim this payment. You and your partner will need to make separate claims.
To get the payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply. This includes all of these rules:
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you’re 17 years or older
- you didn’t get an income support payment, Education Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance during the payment period.
- you didn’t get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you lost income and didn’t have any appropriate paid leave entitlements
- you lived in, worked from or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot that is subject to a state restricted movement order
- you have been unable to earn your usual income of 8 hours or more, or a full day’s work because you were in the COVID-19 hotspot and were subject to restricted movement