Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is a lump sum payment of $1,000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children who have been adversely affected by a major disaster.
Individuals may be eligible for the payment if they meet all of the following criteria:
- They are an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa,
- They are at least 16 years of age at the time of the disaster event,
- They have been adversely impacted by a major disaster.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
The Disaster Recovery Allowance is a short-term income support payment to assist individuals who can demonstrate their income has been affected as a direct result of a disaster.
When available, DRA assists employees, small business persons and farmers who experience a loss of income as a direct result of a major disaster. It is payable for a maximum of 13 weeks from the date at which an individual has, or will have, a loss of income as a direct result of a disaster.
Individuals may be eligible for assistance if they meet all of the following criteria:
- They are an Australian resident or the holder of an eligible visa and living in Australia for the period of time they receive the allowance,
- They are at least 16 years of age, or older and not a dependent child,
- They earn, or receive an income by working in an affected area or reside in an affected area,
- They have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the disaster,
- They are not receiving another income support payment or pension (such as Age Pension, JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance, service pension from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, or Exceptional Circumstances Income Relief Payment) for the same period they are claiming DRA, and
- Their income is less than the average Australian weekly income in the weeks after they had this income loss.
Find out more
Download the fact sheet to find out more information about the eligibility requirements and how to apply.
Keeping you updated
Fill out your details below and we will add you to our mailing list for updates on the local recovery efforts.