Stronger Communities Programme Grant – Round 6
The Stronger Communities Programme supports the Australian Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia by funding small capital projects in each of the 151 Federal Electorates. The program is part of the government’s 2020-21 budget initiatives focussed on making local economies stronger and boosting community organisations. Due to the delayed 2020-21 budget, Round 6 of the program will run through to 31 December 2021. Applications open on January 19th 2021.
What are eligible projects?
- Up to 20 small capital works or capital expenditure projects with funding between $2,500 – $20,000 to a total of $150,000 per electorate.
- Projects must be scheduled to finish by 31 December 2021
- Projects must deliver social benefits to your community
- Eligible projects include upgrades or fit-outs of community centres; sporting facility upgrades; purchase of equipment for local SES; upgrade of park furniture, BBQs, bike paths, streetscapes, community gardens
- Note that projects on school grounds, or involving school property must deliver benefits to the broader community.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be invited to apply by their MP
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an incorporated not-for-profit entity.
They also must:
- apply for the project and grant amount that you nominated
- have a plan for how they will carry out the project
- provide mandatory attachments with application.
- Undertake the project in your electorate
For more details, visit business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/stronger-communities-programme
You can view and save fact sheets and application forms at the links below or alternatively contact Luke’s office on 07 3284 8008 for further details.